Unzip ISO with imgburn?

dfphoto

Hi group, I'm complete beginner on PC being a stupid Mac person. I'm trying to setup my neice's laptop for school with both Windows & and OSX via bootcamp. I am stuck on two things, how do I use imgburn to unzip the ISO I only see the basic icons but none that unzip, and second when I change the c to d (for dvd drive) is it only the first one or all as I cannot put c:\ on the folders on my desktop in Windows 7.

Appreciate the help in advance, I'm hating Apple but I don't understand Windows.....

I have a VMware on my desktop running Windows 7 found this instruction manual:

1. Create 3 folders c:\windows7iso c:\windows7exe c:\windows7dvd

2. Download this .exe file and put into c:\windows7exe

3. Put the windows 7 .iso you downloaded from ms into c:\windows7iso and unzip the contents with imgburn

4. Move .iso file out of c:\windows7iso

5. Open a dos prompt in c:\windows7exe and type exactly as shown (Obviosuly if you decide to use the disk, change c:\ in the first part to be the letter of your DVD drive) :

oscdimg -n -m -bc:\windows7iso\boot\etfsboot.com c:\windows7iso c:\windows7dvd\windows7dvd.iso

6. Now burn the windows7dvd.iso file to a DVD and proceed to install windows 7 on your mac!

The official microsoft windows ISOs are already bootable. To check yours, open ImgBurn, switch to Write mode ('Write image file to disc' option), load the ISO image and look in the File Sys field: if it says Bootable then the image is ready for burning.

If it isn't bootable then you can follow this guide to create a bootable disc / image. By the way, if you need to extract the files from your non-bootable ISO image you can use 7-Zip / WinRAR / similar compression programs to do it.

The official microsoft windows ISOs are already bootable. To check yours, open ImgBurn, switch to Write mode ('Write image file to disc' option), load the ISO image and look in the File Sys field: if it says Bootable then the image is ready for burning.

If it isn't bootable then you can follow this guide to create a bootable disc / image. By the way, if you need to extract the files from your non-bootable ISO image you can use 7-Zip / WinRAR / similar compression programs to do it.

Thank you, I'll check that, I only went with the instructions above but I did try to burn via Mac/Toast and saw the bootable question forgot what it said... I'll try your answer now.

I'm sorry in advance, but I am trying to burn but I have clicked the iso file and have a dvd in the computer and clicked the green guy icon bottom right but I don't see anything happening, is this how you start a burn session?

I don't understand how I know when it's finished or if it's started, the log stops at Found 1 DVD. I know I sound stupid but on a Mac I have no problems.

Your ISO image is bootable so all you need to do is burn it to a disc, and you do that while still in Write mode: when you insert a blank disc in the burner, the big write button (under Test Mode / Verify texts that looks like a file with an arrow pointing to disc) becomes enabled and you press it to burn your disc. Make sure Verify is enabled so that it checks if the disc was correctly burned.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.