multi-channel Audio CDs

BatemanR

Hello, I am new to the forum and having issues.

I have tried with Nero and Imgburn, and can't seem to 'get it right'...

I have 13 dts files, which I created using eac3to to re-sample from 48K to 44.1K.

I have manually created a cue file, using another as a sample. This plays fine in VLC as 5.1.

However, when I open the cue in imgburn to create an audio CD, it analyzes each track.

The burn works fine, but I keep ending up with stereo instead of 5.1.

I know I should be able to figure this out, but I am getting quite frustrated.

Can someone please tell me what 'the rules are' for doing this?

How do I use a .cue to add multiple 5.1 audio tracks to burn an audio CD that remains 5.1?

Hello, I am new to the forum and having issues.

I have tried with Nero and Imgburn, and can't seem to 'get it right'...

I have 13 dts files, which I created using eac3to to re-sample from 48K to 44.1K.

I have manually created a cue file, using another as a sample. This plays fine in VLC as 5.1.

However, when I open the cue in imgburn to create an audio CD, it analyzes each track.

The burn works fine, but I keep ending up with stereo instead of 5.1.

I know I should be able to figure this out, but I am getting quite frustrated.

Can someone please tell me what 'the rules are' for doing this?

How do I use a .cue to add multiple 5.1 audio tracks to burn an audio CD that remains 5.1?

CD-DA is 44khz, 16 bit, stereo.

That's all the program will ever tell DirectShow/ACM to output when burning a CD Audio (CD-DA) disc.

You might get it work ok if you have the files in raw PCM format (so no wave header etc) and use the 'PCM' file extension for them.

I have been able to use Imgburn with other .cue files referencing .dts files. These did not produce the 'analyzing track n' message, and resulted in a CD that is reported as 5.1 in my home theatre system.

I thought I had matched all the parameters of those files, but apparently not, as my CD resulted in stereo.

As I stated, 'my' files do play as 5.1 in VLC, just like the others.

I was hoping to find out what triggers the 'analyzing track' message...

What triggers it is a file being a known audio one.

Analysing just works out an accurate length of the track, it is not your problem.

Of all the files types that load in as audio files, only PCM and RAW ones aren't sent to DirectShow/ACM to be decoded (whereby they're then output in 44khz, 16 bit, stereo).

So like I said before, you need to lose any header that may or may not have been prepended to the DTS audio data and just load in the raw files.

What extension are you currently using for your DTS files? Do they have sort of header (WAVE header etc) attached to them at the moment?

You could alway send me one to examine a bit more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.