DVD-R will not allow formatting when I try to burn

Guest Violetta

Guest Violetta

Hello -

I am trying to burn a back copy of a film using IMG Burn and DVD Shrink. It had always worked fine in the past. However, my computer crashed a while back, and I wound up having to restore my computer to factory settings. I reinstalled all of my dvd shrink, img burn files, etc. However, I have not attempted to burn any thing since. This is my first time since the computer crashed. Now when I try to copy to a dvd-r, I keep getting a dialog box that pops up that says, insert disc into drive, but the disc is already there. I do not get anything that prompts me to format the disc, so I cannot burn the video ts file. It keeps telling me no disc is detected. I tried to remove the upper and lower filters shown in IMG Burn by clicking remove selected filters and rebooted, but there were still there and the problem still occured. I even deleted the filters in my computer's registry system, which caused me no end of problems with my iTunes, so I had to set them back to what they were. Any ideas? I understand having more than one burning program can cause problems. Is that the issue? Do I need to remove roxio, etc? Or is this a media issue (ie: my disc is poor quality.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Can the drive read any previous burns or original pressed discs?

Try installing latest chipset/storage drivers. This site may help http://www.ma-config.com/

You can have as many burning programs you want as long as they not running some services in background that can keep the drive occupied.

Could be bad media. What it say in status bar with a disc inserted?

Do you have more than one drive? The program may point to the other.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.