Problem with dual layer after 2.5.6.0

damimagnetic

Hello, sorry about my english. I´m having a problem after burning 2 XGD3. This is the story. I upgraded to imgburn 2.5.6.0, and i burned an XGD3 for my xbox, GOW 3. Everything went fine, the game worked perfect. Then, i´m tryng to burn another XGD3, i put the dual layer on the drive, and it starts to make a weird noise, and it didin´t recognize the dvd. The same with 4 other virgin dual layers (memorex). This 4 dual layers are perfectly recognized on 2 others pc´s. So i uninstalled imgburn, and after that, windows recognized the dual layers on my drive! Installed imgburn again (2.5.6.0) and everything went perfectly again, another XGD3 burned. But now i´m tryng to burn other game, but my drive can´t read the dual layer. Uninstalled imgburn again, but doesn´t works. It works perfect burning cd´s or dvd 5, but it doesn´t read virgin dual layers anymore!!! I don´t know wat to do, can´t find help anywhere.

The drive is a philips SPD2417T, controllers are updated. I´m runing it on windows 7 ultimate. Please, someone helpme with this because i can´t find the way to figure it out. I cleaned the lens but it´the same. The problem goes with dual layers. Never had this problem. It burned almost 30 dual layers without any trouble. It´s almost new, just 6 months.

ImgBurn doesn't affect the burner's capability of recognizing blank discs. It could be due to low quality media, so try with Verbatim DVD+R DL blanks, and if it still does that then get a new burner because yours is developing a problem.

ImgBurn doesn't affect the burner's capability of recognizing blank discs. It could be due to low quality media, so try with Verbatim DVD+R DL blanks, and if it still does that then get a new burner because yours is developing a problem.

Then it might be the burned that´s not allowed to read virgin dual layers anymore, because never had problems with verbatim or memorex, and the this virgin memorex works on other drivers. I think i have a liteon somewhere around here. I´ll try the liteon in the night and let you know. Thanks for the answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.