Blu-ray burns write/verify with no errors, but "look" bad

Eric C

Hi all,

I'm quite possibly obsessing over something that doesn't matter, but should I be concerned when the burned Blu-ray has areas of a different shade of color and/or rings around the disc that look like the spacers between tracks of a vinyl album? I just have in my mind that a burn should look consistent all the way through, but if there are no errors in the ImgBurn should I put the faith in that? When I started burning, I ran into this a LOT, then lowered my burn speed to 2X. Burned much slower of course, but the appearance of the final product looked a lot more consistent. I've run into a stretch this week, though, where every burn is looking very diverse (for lack of a more technical term).

I'm using a LG burner (WH10LS30) with Optical Quantum (Phillips) media.

Thanks!

Changing colours/shades probably means the laser power is going up and down during the burn - in an attempt to improve burn quality.

All you can really do in situations like this is to (Disc Quality) scan the discs using Opti Drive Control and an appropriate Blu-ray drive (something by Lite-On) and make sure no part of the disc has really high error rates - which, over time, could turn into physical read errors (where ImgBurn's Verify phase would then fail).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.