Verify hangs when analysing tracks

altered_aaron

Hello,

I was able to burn several audio CD's, but whenever the tray re-cycled and began to verify, the program would do nothing. ImgBurn says it's "analaysing sector?, track 2" but then nothing more. I hit cancel and ended the program with no problems. And the CD's sounded great too.

I'm just wondering why the verify doesn't work on audio cd. I think the verify works when burning ISO, but I haven't tried that in years. I'm on dialup, so it's not like I can test it by downloading an ISO file. I mostly need ImgBurn for backing up my files on CD and making music discs. Which it does a great job too, by the way. Not only that, but this is the best and (only?) burning program for Windows ME that still works. :)

My operating system is Windows ME.

My drive is a "Mitsumi: CR-48X5TE" aka "Hewlitt Packard CD Writer Plus."

Computer is HP Pavilion 7845 (from year 2000, stock, only added RAM, everything else is same including CD Burner.) (hehe, Yeah i know my computer sucks)

Should I just turn verify off? Will it matter if I do? I'd like everything to work perfectly, but on this computer I'll take what I can get.

Edited by altered_aaron

Hi again.

I just burned a data CD of over 4500 Jpegs, and ImgBurn was able to verify at the end, no problems. So everything worked fine.

I've burned a few Puppy Linux ISO's in the past, and I didn't have any problems verfying those either.

It just turns out that Verifying audio CD's is the only thing that causes ImgBurn to freeze on my old Windows ME computer. I can still hit cancel when this happens, and the music CD still gets written.

I'll take your advice and merely disable verify next time I burn audio. I'm just curious why it happens. But no big deal I guess.

Otherwise, very fine program, it's the best. Thanks for still supporting older versions of Windows. I'm going to hang on to my copy and put in a safe place, because this program is like my lifeline for getting data on and off my computer. Only alternative is the floppy disk drive. :)

Edited by altered_aaron

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.