No Writers Found

moviedemands

Last night I upgraded to the newest version of imgburn, before I upgraded everything worked smooth.

So I rebooted my vista box, then once it was rebooted I attempted to burn a new DVD from a ISO.

When I open imgburn it told me that it could not find any writers?

So i looked around here, and i re-installed imgburn, and enabled SCSI for all users.

Rebooted, and tried this again..

Still no luck?

heres the log, it's says it found the drive in the logs, but not on "destination" ?

I 09:27:53 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!
I 09:27:53 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)
I 09:27:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,752 KB  -  Available: 861,164 KB
I 09:27:53 Initialising SPTI...
I 09:27:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 09:27:57 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcrp CTDVDW TS=L632H0 HS02 (E:) (ATA)
I 09:27:57 Found 1 DVD-ROM!

Again, I've burnt well over 40 dvd's with this drive prior to updating the software to the newest version, I actually burnt a dvd rite before I did the upgrade.

I 09:27:57 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcrp CTDVDW TS=L632H0 HS02 (E:) (ATA)

Going by the erroneous (and missing) characters in the device id string I'd say you've got some sort of corruption happening.

That corruption will then be causing certain drive capabilities to go unnoticed.

Yeah, i just ran the MS's MicrosoftFixit.dvd.Run.exe

It's telling me my drive is not capable writing disk?

Strange, seeing how I burnt a dvd rite before I upgraded.

I think I had a windows update waiting for reboot as well, so maybe the update crippled my dvd drive some how.

Well thanks for looking into it, It seems it has nothing to do with ImgBurn, Just figured it was seeing how I burnt a dvd 5 min before I updated to the newest version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.