BDMV not playing in standalone player

dpordy99

Okay I need some serious help as I'm going broke. I've wasted 5 BD-R discs so far and BD-R discs aren't cheap.

When I burn my BDMV folder to a disc and insert it into my Sony Blu-Ray player, my Blu-Ray player thinks it's a data disc and it says next to the disc "Data BD".

I can access the contest by opening the folder and opening the stream files but this is a poor experience and does not allow me access to any of the chapter points.

My 400 disc Sony BluRay player doesn't recognize this and also when I insert this disc in my computer the files themselves are recognized but I can't open it in CyberLink PowerDVD. This is extremely frustrating. I burn using the UDF 2.5. I've tried IMGBurn and Nero.

I want to take advantage of the massive storage space on a BluRay but am getting frustrated. Here's a picture of what shows up when I insert the BD-R.

Have you build a BD disc with the current version? 2.5.6.0 ?

If you want to test with PowerDVD (you'd need the 'Ultra' version), just build an ISO, mount it in something like Virtual Clone Drive and then see if it works. If it does, there's no reason it shouldn't also work once burnt to disc.

Rather than wasting loads of BD-R discs, use a BD-RE disc until you figure out what's going wrong.

It would help us if you post a log of you burning + verifying a disc.

Problems usually come from having invalid/incomplete source files/folders. ImgBurn just burns what you give it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.