DVD

Pumkinhead

Hi tried to put a film onto DVD disc the other day using DVD flick and imgburn. My first attempt led to an error box which wrote the disc but would not play on my laptop or DVD player. So I unistalled and reinstalled imgburn this time the disc burnt correctly but when I played it the film always stops about halfway through everytime at the same point on the DVD player but still won't open on my laptop. This is baffling me as I have got a brand-new laptop 2 weeks old windows 7. Importantly my last laptop had DVD flick and imgburn and I had no problems in burning films to disc that was a windows 7 aswell. I use DVD - discs dont usually have a problem with them verbatim. Can anybody please shed some light on this sorry post is so long.

Cheers :-)

I will try and post it soon as I Can Did I mention that DVD flick converts the files nicely into video ts folders and they play on the laptop with no problem. Imgburn also puts the films onto disc but when there on disc then my laptop wont open them up, when I try to play on my home DVD player they play for few minutes and start like stuttering and jumping and then just stop all together. I'm lost here.

Cheers.

Thanks for getting back to me won't be able to get on laptop propally Until tonight or tomorrow night. Can I be cheeky and ask as soon as I get on it can I let you know what's happening as the help you have give up to now as been really usefull. I will defiantly be back as keen to get this sorted out thanks.

Cheers.

Hi Ianymaty I have got some kind of log details from imgburn here hope this will be able to help with the problem

I 21:09:42 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!

I 21:09:42 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 21:09:42 Total Physical Memory: 4,094,888 KB - Available: 2,861,924 KB

I 21:09:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:09:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:09:42 -> Drive 1 - Info: hp DVDRAM GT31L mP01 (E:) (ATAPI)

I 21:09:42 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

Cheers.

Not much help. We need a burn + verify session. You do verify your burns, yes?

What media you use? Try some Verbatim.

What speed you burn the discs? Try others available.

Search for an updated firmware for the drive on laptop manufacturer support site if there is one available (you have currently installed mP01).

Also you should update Windows 7 to SP1.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.