Cannot uninstall imgburn

zulli85

Hi there. I've been trying to uninstall imgburn but I cannot do so properly. I ran the uninstaller through the Control Panel but img burn was still autoplaying when I put a DVD into the disk drive. I could not run or find the uninstaller after the first attempt so I deleted the folder from my programs. Now when I put a movie in the disk drive I get an error saying "d:\ Application not found. I just want the normal Autoplay screen to pop up. Any ideas what I should do? Thanks very much for any help.

Autoplay is handled by Windows. You configure what it does when you insert a disc via the 'Autoplay' option in Control panel (It's under 'Hardware and Sound' in Windows 7 if that helps). You can also access it via 'Default Programs' off the Start Menu.

ImgBurn doesn't ever make itself *the* app that runs when you insert a disc, it just adds itself as an app that you *could* choose to run when you insert a disc. If it does run automatically, it's because of something you've done or because Windows has done it automatically (probably the latter).

Uninstalling ImgBurn should remove all the files *it* installs and remove everything *it* puts in the registry - I made the uninstaller pretty thorough.

If you're finding that you've got some stuff left over, it could come from rogue versions you've got dotted around your hdd. A lot of other apps bundle their own local copy of ImgBurn to handle the burning stuff.

As a last resort, the autoplay handlers are contained within the following registry key :-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers

You could browse through it (and the subkeys) to find any old ImgBurn entries and remove them.

Installing ImgBurn (latest version) and Uninstalling it again may also remove them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.