Help!! Writing speed problem

Juliogol

Hi guys! I wonder if you could help me on this..

Yesterday I Formatted my pc and re-installed Windows 7, and now my Lg recorder won´t record mi dvd´s at 8x, but only at 6x... I´m using the same blank dvd´s I was using before formatting, so it´s not the disks...

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Put one of the discs in the drive, open ImgBurn, switch to Write mode (write image file to disc) and copy + paste all the disc info from the box on the right.

Thanks for the answer! Here is the info:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

State of Last Session: Complete

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2.105.712

Size: 4.312.498.176 bytes

Time: 467:58:12 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 16x

TOC Information:

Session 1... (LBA: 0)

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 2105711)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 2105712)

It´s weird, cause it just recorded a dvd at 8x, but then again started recording at 6x... beforme formatting i didn´t have any problems!

THx again!

Sorry, I should have said a *blank* disc and I don't think you copied all of it - the box scrolls.

Anyway, from what's listed there I can see the drive claims it only supports 8x and 16x on those discs.

When burning at 8x it may well start at 6x and ramp up to 8x at some later point. That's perfectly normal.

Sorry, I should have said a *blank* disc and I don't think you copied all of it - the box scrolls.

Anyway, from what's listed there I can see the drive claims it only supports 8x and 16x on those discs.

When burning at 8x it may well start at 6x and ramp up to 8x at some later point. That's perfectly normal.

Nop, it stops at 6x... what is weird is that now is doing backups at 8x, but the again at 6x... recorden 3 at 6x and now 2 at 8x... i´m starting to thinks it´s the recorder...

The drive controls the speed so it can only ever be the recorder.

What media are you actually using?

Have another go at doing a copy + paste of ALL the disc info (from a blank disc).

Here it Goes:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

State of Last Session: Empty

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2.295.104

Free Space: 4.700.372.992 bytes

Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Next Writable Address: 0

Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 16x

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

Book Type: DVD+R

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Performance (Write Speed):

Descriptor 1...

-> B0: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00

-> EL: 2295103 (0x0023053F)

-> RS: 22.166 KB/s (16x) - WS: 11.080 KB/s (8x)

Descriptor 2...

-> B0: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00

-> EL: 2295103 (0x0023053F)

-> RS: 22.166 KB/s (16x) - WS: 22.160 KB/s (16x)

Thanks again!

'CMC MAG-M01-00' are just a common/cheapo dye sold by loads of different 'brand' names.

You'd have more luck (and better burns) if you started to use some decent disc by the likes of Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Yeah, I IKnow but for now it´s the only brand we get here in our country... the odd thing is that before formatting they worked great and burned at 8x... now sometimes it records at 6x and sometimes at 8x...

If they verify ok, you could probably just live with it.

I don't see how your format has anything to do with it. Formatting doesn't change the internals of the drive and all the program does is send data to the drive. Once that data is in the drive's internal buffer, your machine, OS etc are out of the equation.

'CMC MAG-M01-00' are just a common/cheapo dye sold by loads of different 'brand' names.

You'd have more luck (and better burns) if you started to use some decent disc by the likes of Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Yeah, I IKnow but for now it´s the only brand we get here in our country... the odd thing is that before formatting they worked great and burned at 8x... now sometimes it records at 6x and sometimes at 8x...

You´re right... guess i´ll have to deal with it... thenks for all your help!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.