DVD won't play on stand alone DVD player & probs with Search function

columbia93

I've been using ImgBurn for several years (thank you) and haven't ever had any issues (just doing basic "build" - test/verify). Today I burned my TS file as usual and, while the DVD will play in computer DVD players, it won't play in the stand alone. I know that part of the function is to "close" the burned DVD so that it will play but that doesn't seem to have happened. Is there a function with ImgBurn that will close the disc after it's been burned so it will play on a stand alone DVD player?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've been trying to get a bunch of recorded 911 TV shows burned and, with money tight, trying to do it with all of the conversions, compressions, etc, and using free programs, it has become quite a chore. Every DVD completed is a minor victory! :-)

BTW, I tried to search your topics but, crazily enough, the word DVD isn't allowed because it is less than four letters! What a silly rule for a forum for a DVD burner!

ImgBurn always closes the discs it burns.

The 4 letter search limitation is from the server (out of my control), not the forum itself.

Use the Google Custom Search instead.

A single 'TS' file won't play on normal DVD players, you need a proper collection of IFO/VOB/BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Again, I've been using ImgBurn for a few years and generally don't have issues with it. There has been the random disk that didn't burn correctly but that isn't the way it is acting now. It is behaving as though it has not been finalized. As I mentioned above, the DVD plays in a couple of different computers but NOT in a stand alone DVD player. THAT is how a disk that hasn't finalized behaves.

I used Windows Movie Maker to edit the recording, even adding a couple of title pages and transitions. I published the revisions to the computer, converted the .wmv file to the VOB/BUP/IFO, used DVD shrink to take it down a little bit to fit on the DVD and used ImgBurn to burn it. I've been using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn, as I said, for a few years so I know how to do it. I would like to know if there is an issue with Windows Movie Maker that ImgBurn cannot deal with.

Additionally, since I mentioned in my original post that I'd been using ImgBurn for several years, I assumed you would understand that I know how to use it. I also said that I created a DVD that could be played in computers but not in stand alone DVD players. It is obvious that I know how to burn a DVD. (I've probably burned over 100.) That said, when I wrote TS, I expected that you would understand that to mean the Video_TS file and not taken me to task for it. It would have been a better use of your time and mine if you had fully read and understood the original post and not focused on something so obviously NOT an issue.

I apologize if this offends you but I've been posting quite a bit lately to many different sites trying to get various issues resolved and almost every single one resulted in a response that wasn't related to the issue and indicated that the responder did not give the query the respect of taking the time to understand the question and answer it without my having to provide a follow-up pointing out AGAIN what I had asked originally. I'm just truly frustrated at having to continue asking the same thing over and over and most of the time having the issue NOT be resolved. Your post just happens to come at the end of a long line of head-bashing and pent-up frustration so, while my points are valid, if I were in a better mood, my delivery might not be as harsh.

As for using Google to search, 99% of the results it brings back are 4-5 years old and, therefore, of little assistance. I was hopeful that the forums would provide a more up-to-date answer but I can't see how that can happen with the limitations. Perhaps you need to invent a longer term for DVD (and I don't mean digital video disc!).

I'm sorry I didn't take you saying 'TS file' to mean a complete set of DVD Video files, how stupid of me. Try actually saying what you mean, it'll help the people trying to help you.

Maybe you can read all the stuff I wrote in the pink box up the top and save me wasting more time by actually posting a log like it says to do. :chair:

If the disc burns and verifies without errors or retries, there was no issue.

Playback issues are not really our concern as they typically stem from bad source files or a bad player.

I've put in a request to have the min search limit put down to 3. I've already updated the forum config to allow for 3 letters. If you actually search for 'DVD', it'll return 0 results (until the server is sorted) but if you search for 'DVD*' it should work. I can't imagine any of the results will be of any use to you anyway.

edit: 3 letter search has been sorted now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.