Does ImgBurn detect corrupt files at burn?

selvan777

Hi,

I ask because after three unsuccessful attempts with ImgBurn, I thought I'd try another burn utility. It ripped it the first time around but, when I went to use the disc, Windows said it was corrupt. I tried another time with the same burn utility and it did not help.

Is it coincidental or did ImgBurn detect it in the burn process? I'm sorry, I can't quote the exact error message.

Thanks.

ImgBurn 2.5.6.0

Windows 7 HPSP1

No.

Corrupt files are only corrupt to the playback device. The burner doesn't know or care - data is data.

If your drive failed to burn, it's probably media / write speed / firmware / drive related.

Sometimes a drive will burn using one write type (e.g. Incremental) but not another one (e.g. DAO/SAO - ImgBurn's default setting). That's a drive/firmware/media issue too - it should be able to burn with both equally well.

It's important you Verify your burns to know if the disk is actually readable (to the burner at least).

This may help you find old logs - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=14632

Thanks, it probably is the drive since ImgBurn detects a firmware update:

The update: ASS2 for drive LG GT30N, file named HLDS_GT30N_ASS2.zip for ASUS computers

My drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N SATA CdRom Device version 1.01 (1.01-09)

But it's for an ASUS whereas I'm using an ACER, do you think it's safe to do so?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.