Trying to burn Avchd onto blu-ray but blacksreen on ps3

bobbyd33

I have tried several different approaches to this with no luck.

Basically I have a .MKV file of a movie.

I used MultiAVCHD 4.1 to get the BDMV files and etc..

I then used Imgburn and put it onto a blank blu-ray and it burns fine and will play on my PC. But if I put it in my PS3, it comes up as a avchd and when I click it I dont get any video playback.

If I hit select to bring up the display its all blank.

Not sure what the problem is. I have made several discs from other blu-rays that will play on my PS3. But these were ripped with DVDfab then IMGburn.

Ive tried both the Blu-ray option and the avchd in multichd when you select the output. Nothing will play on the PS3 from this .mkv file. I just picked the ps3 option, but havent burned that yet Im wasting alot of discs.

Ive noticed that the ripps I do contain the bdmv folder and certificate folder. The multiavchd files that are created do not contain a certificate. Could this be the problem? should I just add in the certificate from another movie?

Ive already wasted 5 blanks. Can anyone help me out? Should I bother burning the PS3 output folders?

Can I just put the MKV file into imgburn and burn to a disc?

Edited by bobbyd33

You should use a BD-RE if you're having problems, no point in wasting BD-R just testing stuff that has already failed multiple times.

I'm sure they've tested multiAVCHD's PS3 option and it should produce a disc (with all the right folders) that works on a PS3 - otherwise there would be no point in it!

You should post an ImgBurn log if you want us to check it's burning correctly - as per the pink box up the top :chair:

Playback issues are best dealt with by forums supporting whatever program authored/created the files you burnt. In your case, that would be multiAVCHD which lives over at the Doom9 forums.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.