Creating ImgBurn .iso from Pinnacle Studio 12 .iso

jimistgeil

Hi,

I use pinnacle studio 12.1 for video editing. The program naively creates double layers DVD's without an .MDS file and no layer break information. So in the past I used DVDDecrypter to rip the .ISO file to a video_ts folder and then used ImgBurn to build an .ISO image with layer break information and a corresponding .MDS file. However I upgraded my OS to windows 7, and I was looking for a way to use ImgBurn to create a suitable .ISO file. I tried two methods: 1) I used Winrar to simply extract the .ISO files to a video_ts and audio_ts folder, 2) I used DVDDecrypter to rip the .ISO to create video_ts and audio_ts folders. Each folder had the exact same files and that were all the exact same size, however I checked each set of files with a checksum utility and found the following: 1) Corresponding files with a .VOB extension were identical, 2) Corresponding files with .IFO and .BUP files were different. Why are the files created by each program different. Which set of files should I use with ImgBurn to create my .ISO file. Thanks

-Steve

One last question, I occasionally get the 'End of the World' problem and I resolve it using Vob Blanker. Vob Blanker requires me to access the video_ts folder, so sometimes I will be forced to rip the .ISO file first. I take it from your last post then that it doesn't matter if I rip the .ISO file using DVDDecrypter or Winrar? Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.