Syncing "Tools" folder with "Write"

O.C. Photoworx

I'm seeing different results in 2.5.5.0 than I did with 2.5.1.0 and I don't know if the program changed, or it's a user error. I've searched the guides and the forum without finding any guidance.

With 2.5.1.0 I could select the write image file to disk option and select the image I wanted to write. Then I could pull down the Tools/ISO/Change Volume Label... and when I clicked on the icon for "Please select a file..." it would open up the same folder I had just selected.

With 2.5.5.0, when I click the icon under Change Volume Label... it opens the desktop (My Documents?) and I have to navigate back to the file I want to change. And if I do this repeatedly -- even for .ISO files in the same folder -- each time I have to start at the desktop and work my way back down to the right drive and folder.

The old way was more efficient. Is there a configuration option that would give me back that behavior? If no, please consider this an "un"enhancement request -- I'd like you to undo the change that was made!

Regards,

Ted Dickens

You know 2.5.6.0 is the current release yeah? 2.5.3.0 started using the newer method of calling up Microsoft's open/save file boxes. That's probably where the way it worked changed.

The correct way to edit the volume label of a currently selected image would be to right click the one that's currently displayed (having already selected a file in Write mode) and then clicking 'Change'.

That makes the 'change volume label' dialog load the current image automatically.

Basically, when you 'browse' on the 'change volume label' dialog, the way it works is this...

1. It'll check to see if the option to always use the configured 'Image File' folder is set - if it is, it'll use that folder.

2. After that it'll attempt to use the folder of the currently selected image file (i.e. the last file you changed the volume label of). If you close and reopen the window, this can't happen as it's not a persistent value. Just hit 'Apply' and then load your next file if you need to do several in a row.

3. After that it'll use the configured 'Image File' folder.

I've just made a change (so it'll be in 2.5.7.0) where the program will attempt to use the most recently used (selected via the 'Browse' box) folder between existing steps 2 and 3 - and this value IS persistent.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.