Write and verify from image on USB HD gives Retry

dbminter

Ever since I've gotten this new Seagate USB HD and have tried burning images that are stored on it, I get the same "error" of a Retry. It always happens at the same percentage completed, 96%, on both Writes and Verifies. The dialog returns: "Failed to read from file: <File name and location> Reason: The parameter is incorrect. Retry Cancel buttons." The write or verify continues on even when this window appears. I just select Retry and it continues on, with no error, into the Verify, which returns the same window at the same percentage completed. I just select Retry again it continues on with no error.

Is this something that should concern me? :unsure:

Also, discovered something during Verify, which I would guess would happen to writes, too? When it gets to 99%, Verify just stops, waiting for me to Retry or Cancel at the dialog. If I select Retry, the Verify then continues on from pausing and almost immediately ends the Verify successfully.

Yes, but this was doing this with 2.5.6.0. I believe it's been doing it since September, when I installed the new Seagate USB HD. I believe 2.5.6.0 Gold was out then? If not, whatever the beta version was then and any subsequent betas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.