Just can't figure this out.

x9snowboarder9x

Ok, so my main question is..... in the Media section for the MKM-001, all of the burns have very good first layer burns followed up by a mediocre at best but consistent second layer, however, lightning's burn and scan at the end of the post is good all the way through, What happened here? I get the exact same thing as Cornholio's scans (15 out of a 20 spindle 95310) and have tried every setting (it seems so at least, even Safe Mode and a fresh Vista install). I feel I have dug around quite a while for an answer to no avail, so I just decided to sign up and ask. If this is a bad spindle, ...its my first Verb spindle ever, it will confirm my luck in life for sure. Any help is greatly appreciated, and my apologies in advance if I have missed the thread with the answer.

Edited by x9snowboarder9x

I was using a newer/better drive (an expensive BD burner) I guess. Of course can scans vary from disc to disc, let alone spindle to spindle.

Don't forget that those results are about 6 years old now! I'm sure new drives perform differently with the media available today.

Why not post your scan so we can see what you're seeing.

Ok, so here's one scan (K-probe since its for Lite-On drives). I don't remember exact write settings for this particular disk, but as I said earlier they all have the same characteristics, great first layer and then that elevated second layer. Which isnt really BAD, but it makes me wonder why? I'll post another scan with DVDinfoPro shortly. I have disconnected this drive in the past, I figured I put it back in the same port I removed it from though, I don't know if that matters. I'm also going to get my older burner (2008) out and see if there's a difference since I have a few more of these MKM-001s. Maybe its this Lite-On drive that is causing the elevated second layer.

post-43258-0-79772900-1326393825.png

Edited by x9snowboarder9x

I just wanted to follow up with my scan that was burned using a different drive model.. (HL GH30N) - No overburn, 7.6 gb and a completely different .iso and almost the exact same result as the iHAS burn. The GH30N is incapable of scanning for PIPO errors, so I scanned with the Lite-ON drive.

post-43258-0-65001700-1326755278.png

Beginning to think this is disc quality related or onboard chipset related. Either way, I'm about to buy another spindle to find out. :/

Also, should I be able to see two/three very visible circles on the data side of a blank verb disc?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.