Bluray D/L Verify Failure

JohnH

Using Verbatin BD-H DL White Inkjet 6x 50GB media, on an LG 6X BH12 "Super Multi Blue" internal PC burner, I am now getting consistent Burn and Verify failures from the same 25-pack of discs that worked perfectly from the top of the stack, new.

The failed discs show a burn color difference from the center toward the edge, a lighter concentric (45 to 60 minutes recorded time), then a clean delineation to the usual darker burn shade to the edge. Predictably, even though the burn process is reported successful, the disc hangs on playback where the "color changes." And, Verify doesn't get out of the gate with an immediate "Interpretation: Cannot Read Medium - Incompatible Format" error.

It's true that I have been burning all the failures at 2X, thinking that was safer, and so far have lost about $50.00US in platters. I have seen a suggestion here to try Verbatim's rated 6X. I'll risk another, with hopes that faster IS better. Otherwise, all comments welcomed.

JohnH

1/28/2012

post-44152-0-47915100-1327786830.jpg

FYI, based on my first message, an additional attempt at copying and burning at 6X resulted in a partially burned disc that would not finalize, much less finalize.

I also used a different but identical LG BH12 "Super Multi Blue" drive, which claims a 12X writing speed (previous message implied only 6X).

It's difficult to spot the common element causing the problem.

Thanks for any help.

JohnH

1/28/2012

8:36PM Eastern

USA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.