DVD Stopped Autoplay yet CD Autoplay works

New2

Using Windows XP Computer:

After the installation of 2.5.5.0 the autoplay function on my DVD player stopped working. However, CD's will autoplay. I uninstalled the 2.5.5.0 version and installed version 2.5.6.0 making sure that I did NOT check the 'Enable SPTI for all users' option in the installer. I am still having this problem. The attached document shows the screen that pops up when I insert a DVD into the drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you ever installed it and ticked the option, it'll stay enabled. It's not an ImgBurn thing so uninstalling doesn't change it.

You'd have to dig into the registry or group policy stuff to turn it off again.

Can you please let me know what I should be looking for in the registry?

If you ever installed it and ticked the option, it'll stay enabled. It's not an ImgBurn thing so uninstalling doesn't change it.

You'd have to dig into the registry or group policy stuff to turn it off again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330135

Method 3 is the one you need to look at.

Thank you! I will look at it.

Thank you again for trying to help me. I was able to resolve the autoplay issue. However,the sound does not work on an interactive DVD and a DVD-ROM won't play a movie due to the following error message, 'Playback failed due to an error with the audio subsystem. Please ensure the sound card is properly installed or close any applications that may use the sound card'.

When I put a music CD in my DVD drive, it autoplays with sound. I tried using Microsofts Fix It download and the Windows Audio Playback Troubleshooter found no errors. Do you have any suggestions to help me?

Edited by New2

Are you just playing it in windows media player?

Try using some real playback software such as PowerDVD.

A free alternative would be something like 'Media Player Classic - Home Cinema'.

I was using media player or the Interactual PC Friendly software that came with a movie DVD.

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I tried using Media Direct that is already on my PC and it WORKS! Thanks again for all your help! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.