Finding an ISO Image - Completely lost !

ksiemb

I used imgburn in the past to create a bootable CD with slipstreamed XP3 and it worked. Somehow, I was supplied with or found an ISO image (in the make disk bootable) area to include with the folders I wanted to burn on the CD. For some reason I cannot find one now. Whenever the search looks for an (ISO) file to use, none is found. What folder on my PC contains the ISO image, or where do I find one ? Feel like a damn rookie !

You mean the BootImage.ima ?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=11190

Not sure what I mean ! :unsure: Thanks for the link. I see to get the ima from the Windows CD, but did not remember doing that. I guess my question now is, I thought there was a specific file to make a CD bootable, and one to make a DVD bootable, regardless of the APP you wanted boot into, EG, a rescue disk. ? And unless I am mistaken, Kapersky has a .img , not ima.

I'm not realy sure about what file specific discs as rescue or live systems needs.

I'm pretty sure the boot image is the same on CD and DVD as I tinkered with slipstreaming XP and lately with all the updates it will not fit on a regular CD so it needs a DVD and is no problem to boot from the DVD.

RVM Integrator, the program I use to integrate the XP Post-SP3 updates uses his internal boot image to make the disc bootable and is .img.

I think the file type could be .ima or .img (or even .bin) as long as it contain the proper boot code.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.