Layerbreaks & SPLIP (Yes/No)

Lionel

Hi folks new to burning DVD's and have a couple of questions.

I think I have followed the guide in Forum but when it comes to burning DL disc it comes up with "Unable to find cell for layerbreak" or similar.

When I get past that up comes the screen with the column "SPLIP" & under it has the selection "Yes" but in the guide it says that it best to have "NO"!

Need help as I want backup about 50 music DVDs (some of them are multi-disc) such as Live Aid & Led Zeppelin "How the Wesr was won".

I am backing them up for me only.

I thought you said it couldn't find a layerbreak cell?! I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have it error out AND work at the same time!

From that screenshot you'd obviously select the 2nd one.

Thanks for this but please be gentle as while I am fairly PC literate I am new to this DVD burning stuff with all the intricacies fo Dual layers etc.

My original problem happened when I ripped the DVD using SmartRipper & I think selected the option NOT to rip cells. I then re-ripped the DVD & the screen shot was what happened.

I am a newbie at this & realise there is a lot to learn to make sure I get what I want. I have already wasted a DVD +R DL disc ($NZ10.00 = $US6.00) & I want to get it right this time.

Lionel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.