Buffer Issues

brett613

I have a Windows7 Ultimate machine. Amd phenom 2.3 quad core and 8 gigs of ram PC. Everything was burning fine as usual. All of the sudden the Imageburn buffer fills to about 74% and slowly drops and never fills back up leaving the device buffer going crazy. It wrote one disc 8.5dl verbatim that verfied ok but a burn that usually took about 30 mins now took 4 1/2 hours to finish. I have checked and confirmed DMA settings from previous posts, defragged drive which is a 500g drive with 470 gigs available only been running this machine for about 3 weeks so everything is clean. When i burn im only running imageburn and thats it no browsing no other programs running and i even tried in safe mode. Tried 3 different types of media Verbatim , Memorex , Sony. All had same issue which doesnt seem like a media issue due to it being the imageburn buffer not the device buffer. I also have two different optical drives a liteon and a sony optiarc even though i doubt they were the issue at hand. No clues as to what to do from here as most of the post and threads i read are XP DMA related problems. Any info would help. Thanks in advance!

So your problem occurs on multiple drives with various discs?

It seems to me the issue is with reading what's on the hdd then.

Try burning a disc in Discovery mode (the image is generated on the fly in memory rather than being read off the hdd). Use a rewritable (or a DVD-R with 'Test Mode' enabled) so you don't waste another disc.

Erm possibly something driver related although going into safe mode should get round that.

Do you have various controller modes available to you in your bios? ATA / AHCI / RAID etc. Maybe one of those would work better than the others.

It's probably worth doing a full sector level test/scan of your hdd too.

If you have a spare/backup hdd (internal or external), try burning off that instead.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.