What should Verify read speed be set at?

Mike89

verify will read/compare the burn to the ISO at MAX default is fine. As for the 4x speed for burns you can burn as fast as your hardware and media will allow many tests suggest that you keep it at no more than 12x for reliability and good scans ,if you have a relatively new system you have no problem I burn at 6X with an 800meg processor with no problems and excellent results :thumbup:

As far as the 4x burning speed thing. I had posted once about my using the Max setting for burning using Memorex 16x DVD+r disks. My stubborness was disputing the holy grail of 4x burning. Needless to say I got the crap kicked out of me over this from those who knew a lot more about it than I did. I ended up being convinced of the errors of my thinking (more like getting my arms pinned behind me and screaming uncle). I then unceremoniously surrendered and I don't use Max anymore for burning (I did learn a lot about it through the process and I don't use Memorex anymore). Heh heh.

That's what made me wonder if the read speed (in Verify) should also be slowed down.

Edited by Mike89

That's what made me wonder if the read speed (in Verify) should also be slowed down.

Not really. If you have good media and a good drive there?s no reason to limit the speed at which your PC writes and/or verifies. The 2 snapshots below give a good indication of this. The top picture shows rubbish media (RITEK G05?s) burned slowly and verified quickly. The second picture is half-decent (Verbatim -R/DL) burned and verified as fast as the drive and media would allow. The line in light blue is the verification process and the difference between the two snapshots shows the quality of the media.

post-4-1156299642_thumb.png

post-4-1156299779_thumb.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.