Burning mp4 files onto dvd-r not working

stpp

Is it possible to burn mp4s to DVD-Rs? I burned some mp4 files i got to the DVD-R, but when i try to play them on my dvd player they don't work. I tried an old DVD-R i found lying around that had a VOB file on it, tried it in the dvd and it worked fine.

Do files on a dvd-r have to be VOB? Or can you also burn mp4s? Really don;t want to convert the files to VOB as it will take a very long time. Am i doing something wrong? Should the mp4 files work?

Only a player supporting MP4 files will play MP4 files :)

If yours doesn't then you'll have to go ahead and convert to the proper DVD Video format. ConvertXtoDVD is pretty quick - obviously the conversion speed depends on the spec of your PC.

Hi thanks for the reply :)

I read somewhere that for the DVD player to read the files, the DVD-R must have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder (whiich imgburn apparently does not create), is this right?

Thanks again for the help.

ImgBurn doesn't convert anything video related. That's where programs like DVD Flick and ConvertXtoDVD come in (hence my earlier suggestion to use it). They'll convert your avi, mp4 type files into the proper DVD Video format - and yes, that's the VIDEO_TS folder containing IFO/VOB/BUP files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.