In which drives is DVD+R test mode supported?

lesh

Dear ImgBurn author! Thank you for your great creation first of all!!

Though I have a little question for you concerning test mode support on DVD+R media for specific drive models having this special capability. I used to use your application with Benq1650 which does have this support, and your app did recognize it and use it successfully. It did help me determine compatibility between some drives and media (for example, a whole box of TDK DVD+R DLs didn't track on Benq1650 in test mode, and those discs I tried to actually write on it did fail, but they tracked and were written successfully on an external Liteon). Now I have a Pioneer DVR-A18L which seems to be based on a Nu Tech chip which I infer from the fact that booktype setting succeeds on it using the Nu Tech tab in ImgBurn. ImgBurn refuses to activate test mode on my Pioneer DVR-A18L for DVD+R saying it is not supported, but Nero DiscSpeed v5.4.24.0 does support it and successfully tests the same DVD+R blanks on the same DVR-A18L! So please check out what's wrong and include this model's (or this chip's) full capability recognition in your next version of ImgBurn if possible :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I finally found this thread again and got round to looking into the issue. :)

It's because when it tells you it WILL write to the disc even though you'd enabled 'Test Mode', it actually unchecks the box for you and doesn't even attempt to burn with 'Test Mode' enabled.

I've made exceptions for the DVR-118/218/219/220 drives now so it won't prompt about it not being supported. It also now knows to use the Nu Tech commands for automatically changing the book type.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.