ImgBurn issues... (Writing Lead-in, then crash the whole PC + Setting BookType, too)

Adaptiert

Hey!

I have strange problems since a few days with ImgBurn on two different machines with pretty much the same LG BluRay Burner.

1st PC ASUS P5WDH Deluxe, Windows 7, LG HL-DT-ST BD-R BH10LS30:

Every 2nd burn it doesn't get further than "Writing LeadIn" - this normally takes like 10 seconds but now it stucks at this point and all other actions in Windows are not working anymore (I cannot click anywhere outside ImgBurn with an effect, I can though press the OFF button inside ImgBurn which then gets the dialog "I heard you the first time" and I can move the window itself - which results in crazy effects (the whole screen is covered with ImgBurn windows) ... cold reboot is the only thing that helps - next time I burn it works. The burn after that will most likeley be as described above again.

What could this be? Any idea?

2nd PC, it's a ASUS Workstation Server Board with 2x XEON, Windows 7 and same burner LG HL-DT-ST BD-R BH10LS30

It keeps stuck everytime "Setting the Booktype" ... then only a cold reboot helps too to use the PC again (it doesn't even reboot on its own - it keeps stuck at "Shutting down" - then you can see a blue shutdown screen for days if you don't cold reboot manually).

I already switched SATA port, cables, ImgBurn version, reinstalled etc. pp. nothing changed ...

Any idea with this?

I would be really really greatful if somebody knows an answer to this!

Kind Regards!

1st Problem LeadIn Crash:

I cannot save a log since the computer crashes totally but here a screenshot (the real screenshot thingy :P)

88x4k.jpg

2nd Problem Getting Booktype Error:

JsFA8.jpg

I 13:46:07 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!
I 13:46:07 Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 13:46:07 Total Physical Memory: 6.290.028 KB  -  Available: 4.818.148 KB
I 13:46:07 Initialising SPTI...
I 13:46:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 13:46:07 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH10LS38 1.00-A2 (E:) (SATA)
I 13:46:07 Found 1 BD-RE!

I don't know why your first machine would be getting stuck on the LeadIn like that. Although it's shown as the LeadIn in ImgBurn, the program is really just sending the drive some data to write to sectors 0 - 31, 32-63 etc. This is all perfectly normal stuff and there's no other way you can burn a disc! Do you even hear the drive making an attempt to do anything?

As for the 2nd one... load the program without a disc in the drive, switch to Write mode, right click the destination drive drop down box and pick 'Family Tree'. Click ok to close the prompt and then copy + paste everything from the log window.

Again, can you hear the drive trying to do anything when it gets stuck? Commands should succeed or fail. There's nothing in the program to make it get stuck like that, it sends the command and sits there waiting for a response.

I don't know why your first machine would be getting stuck on the LeadIn like that. Although it's shown as the LeadIn in ImgBurn, the program is really just sending the drive some data to write to sectors 0 - 31, 32-63 etc. This is all perfectly normal stuff and there's no other way you can burn a disc! Do you even hear the drive making an attempt to do anything?

As for the 2nd one... load the program without a disc in the drive, switch to Write mode, right click the destination drive drop down box and pick 'Family Tree'. Click ok to close the prompt and then copy + paste everything from the log window.

Again, can you hear the drive trying to do anything when it gets stuck? Commands should succeed or fail. There's nothing in the program to make it get stuck like that, it sends the command and sits there waiting for a response.

To 1) no, the drive doesn't do anything that makes a sound

2) I'll try that and report back in a few

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the huge delay.. but here I am again with the log!

I 17:38:17 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 17:38:17 Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:38:17 Total Physical Memory: 6.290.028 KB - Available: 5.383.580 KB

I 17:38:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:38:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:38:18 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS38 1.00-A2 (E:) (SATA)

I 17:38:18 Found 1 BD-RE!

I 17:38:47 Device: [3:0:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS38 1.00 (E:) (SATA)

I 17:38:47 Family Tree:

I 17:38:47 -> ACPI x64-based PC

I 17:38:47 -> Microsoft ACPI-konformes System

I 17:38:47 -> PCI-Bus

I 17:38:47 -> Standard AHCI 1.0 Serieller-ATA-Controller (VEN_8086&DEV_2681 - Intel - msahci - v6.1.7601.17514)

I 17:38:47 -> IDE-Kanal (ATA Channel 1)

I 17:38:47 -> CD-ROM-Laufwerk (HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS38 ATA Device) (Channel 1, Target 0, Lun 0)

Does this give you a hint?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.