[BD-R DL] - Need to understand what is the problem

nirvana

Hi,

Unfortunately, I always having trouble burning 50GB BR discs, and I would understand if the problem is the bluray burner or the optical discs.

I have Win 7 x64, 8gb Ram and a radeon hd6970. I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 motherboard. This board has 6 ports SATA6GB controlled by an AMD chip and 2 ports SATA6GB controlled by a Marvell chip. My blu-ray burner and my DVD burner using the two ports controlled by the Marvell chip. BluRay burner is an LG BH10LS38 and I use Verbatim BD-R DL Printable (ImgBurn shows "VERBAT-IMd-000"). The problem occurs burning ISO file and also burning BDMV-CERTIFICATE folders. The problem occurs burning at 2x and also at 4x.

The problems are 2:

• Sometimes the problem occurs at the beginning, when ImgBurn shows the message "reserving tracks". In this case I hear the writer who works endlessly and the copy process never starts. After a few minutes I have to finish the process manually.
  • Other times, as it begins the copy process, ImgBurn shows the error "Failed to Write Sectors 0 to 31 - Reason: Program Memory Area Update Failure". Then, ImgBurn try again and seems to have success but when the copy process finishes it gives me the error "Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Can not Write Medium - Incompatible Format".

If I use the same media (but in the cut of 25GB), the problems do not occur. Please help me to understand where is the problem. I think it's the fault of Verbatim's BluRay but I always used Verbatim (also for DVDs and also i DL format) and I never had problems.

Thanks

Optical drives on third-party contoller not always play nice.

Move the drives to main controller and see how it works.

Also make sure you have up to date drivers for the controller.

If there is still a problem, come back with the usual log.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.