I/O error

nitzors

I keep getting this error whenever I try to burn a specific ISO, I'm assuming there's something wrong with the ISO? To be specific it's a PS2 iso that I used to back-up a game, and the ISO works fine in the PS2 emulator I have. So I have no clue why it's not burning properly. I just burned a disc 10 mins before this one, so I know my drive is working fine. Here's a screencap of the error:

post-46674-0-35652300-1343932558_thumb.jpg

Edited by nitzors

'Power Calibration Area Error' usually happen when the drive doesn't like the media you're using. What if you enable Test Mode before burning, does it also fail?

Anyway, you could try the other write speeds (1x / 2x / 8x) or you could try with other brands of media (we know from experience Verbatim VIctor JVC work better with most burners).

Hmmm, thanks. I'll try buying some new disks and testing that out. The store I went too only had one brand, "memorex" so I just grabbed them. And yes, Test Mode was failing too.

I managed to get it too burn what I wanted through trial and error but I probably spent almost an hour before it would burn. Then if I tried anything else after that It wouldn't work again. I'm assuming it's as you said and my drive just didn't like the disks I was using.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.