BD-RE error, need assistance

Nightjar

Hello, I require some help.

Just bought my 1st blu-ray writer, it an external LG Model BE12LU38.AUFE10B

The media isTDK BD-RE 25GB

It took some time for the disc to erase, when it did it came up writing zeroing sectors, it has now been stuck at 99% for over 30 mins.

The only error shows this

W 13:57:10 Failed to Zero Sectors 12187360 - 12187391 - Reason: Write Error

W 13:57:10 Retrying (1 of 20)...

I 13:57:10 Zeroing Sectors...

What do I do or how do I fix this, a quick answer would be appreciated as the drive is still going

Update after no getting an answer

I had to kill the power to eject the disc, formated with nero and have tried 3 burns in total, none would play in my blu-ray players.

So luckily I had 1 more BD-RE, I did a quick erase in Nero and then burnt the same media and it played fine.

I have tried to format the 1st disc with nero & imgburn but I think the zeroing error I had might have messed it up or its just a faulty disc & the format option is ticked to "format without spare areas"

Any feedback would be great as I would like to determine if it was imgburn or a messed up disk

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Nightjar

ImgBurn only relays what your drive reports. So if the drive reports and error during the format or zeroing (writing 0's to all of the sectors), ImgBurn just tells you about it. If it doesn't error out, ImgBurn will consider the process a success.

So basically, this is purely an issue between your drive and the media.

Different methods of formatting could produce different results. One that formats/zeros the entire disc (and checks that has been done correctly via certification) is obviously more likely to fail/error out than one that just takes a couple of seconds to complete.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.