Need to Build an image that contains "duplicate" filenames

heavenly

Hi,

I'm using your advice on Building a new iso as a way to add files to an existing iso. I open the iso with winimage and drag the entire contents over to the ImgBurn window. Everything is going well except this particular ISO contains two different files that have the same name except for the case, boot.catalog and BOOT.CATALOG

The files have different creation dates and different MSDOS names. The original boot disc is an ISO9660 disc and I have no idea why it has these two "duplicate" file names in it's root directory.

Regardless, Image burn gives me this pop up error when I attempt too drag the files across:

Folder or file: 'C:\Users\Root\AppData\Temp\BOOT.CATALOG' That's already in the list!

No errors show up in the log, but I have attached it anyway.

Is there a way for me to include these two files in my build?

Thanks,

Doug

I 00:57:25 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 00:57:25 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 00:57:25 Total Physical Memory: 3,984,048 KB - Available: 2,007,212 KB

I 00:57:25 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:57:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:57:26 -> Drive 1 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700S 1.T0 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 00:57:26 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

What if you mount the ISO in a proper virtual drive program like Virtual CloneDrve and then add the drive letter of the virtual drive to the 'Source' box in ImgBurn?

I'd like to see the directory listing of that ISO when opened with IsoBuster too please if possible.

Oh and service pack 1 for Windows 7 has been out for ages now, you should install it.

I've exported two directory listings with isobuster for you. It seems that session 1, track 1 contains an ISO 9660 file system called CDROM and a RR (Rock Ridge) file system called CDROM. In the ISO filesystem the files have different names, BOOT.CATALOG and BOOT000.CATALOG. It is in the RR filesystem that we find boot.catalog and BOOT.CATALOG.

Since I'm just a novice when it comes to working with these ISO's I'm not sure what the purpose of having both of these filesystems on the disc is, but I would assume it is to maximaize compatability. I will have to goggle this Rock Ridge filesystem to see what it is about.

If you were looking for a different format for these listings let me know and I will get them (this is my first time working with Isobuster).

Thanks

Doug

session1_track01_ISO_CDROM.rtf

session1_track01_RR_CDROM.rtf

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.