Burn Blu Ray--don't have certificates folder

Judy in Texas

I read the tutorial on burning Blu ray and stumbled on three issues.

First, my camera has a BDMV folder but not a certificates folder. Within the BDMV folder the files are in a stream folder. The files have a .mts extension. These .mts files play on the computer with the VLC media player. Are these .mts files what I need?

Second, the selection process in the ImgBurn tutorial ends at the folder level. I don't want to burn everything that is in the folder to my DVD drive. Should I create a new BDMV folder on my computer and put in it only the files I want? Should I also re-create the stream folder and put the files in it instead?

Third, assuming I can do both of the above, can I rename these files, and, if so, what are the naming conventions? Will this create some sort of menu on the Blu ray player?

I am really new to all of this and appreciate the offer of help. It seems there must be some way to get the files to a Blu ray player without running them through an encoding process on the computer, but I haven't found it yet.

You add the BDMV folder as a whole.

If there's stuff in the stream folder that you don't want, those bits must be authored out of the structure / collection (and a new one created) using other tools. You can't just remove/rename files, it'll mess things up. The file/folder structure has to conform to the BD Video specs or nothing will play it properly.

The certificate folder may or may not be required by your playback device/software (please use proper BD playback software/hardware, not VLC). You'd have to burn to a rewritable disc and test it. If you just want to test with PowerDVD/WinDVD/TMT, create an ISO, mount it in a virtual drive (Virtual CloneDrive) and test it that way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.