How to burn audio with Linked Tracks

Beemusic

First off I'd like to say that I Love this program!

I make CDs for my church and singing group that are accompaniment style. These have "linked tracks" to assist with practicing a specific section in a song without having to go through the whole song to get to a certain point.

I currently use Feurio for this, however Feurio is very limited on the burners that it can actually use to write with and I'm running out of ones that work.

Feurio does a wonderful job of automatically recognizing linked tracks and linking them automatically when I copy/save/burn. I can also select tracks and with a click link or unlink them.

I started using IMGBurn for a lot of my projects but haven't been able to figure out how to configure it to show linked tracks, or how to link tracks without a break in the audio. I need this capability to continue making the accompaniment CDs for the groups that I sing in.

Can anyone advise how to accomplish this, or is there a way that this capability can be added into the programming?

I use Feurio to copy the original CDs to my system, it will save a song as a single file, which has "track breaks" in it for each linked track. If I try to burn that file with IMGBurn, it just burns a single track song. (a song might have 6 or more linked tracks with no break in the audio).

If I try to copy the files from the CD to my computer using IMGBurn, it only sees the song as one track instead of multiple tracks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Beemusic

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean when you say 'linked tracks'.

It's not a term I'm familiar with in terms of burning CD-DA discs so it probably unique to Feurio.

The 'Create CUE File' editor in ImgBurn lets you add the tracks (files) in whatever order you want and you can add gaps (periods of digital silence) between them if you so wish.

Surely it's just a case of ordering them so you start with the complete song and then the next few tracks are the little sections of that songs. Once they're finished you have the next full song, followed by its little sections.

Linked tracks are track breaks with no pause.

Accompaniment CDs have linked tracks for songs to help when practicing, they allow you to "jump" to specific measures to practice trouble spots without having to listen to the entire song to get to the portion you need to work on.

When Feurio reads a CD, it sees the linked tracks and displays them linked to the initial (1st) track of the song.

(Example: CD with 9 songs on it might have 87 tracks instead of 9 since each song might have 7-10 tracks) The song plays continuous without "breaks" as it moves through each track.

If you place this CD in any CD player, it will see 87 tracks, play smoothly through the linked tracks of each song and only have breaks (2 sec) between the songs.

IMGBurn doesn't see the 87 tracks, it only sees the 9 songs.

I don't see why a player would see 87 tracks and ImgBurn would only see 9.... the table of contents (TOC) is what determines how many tracks are on a disc and ImgBurn can read that just as well as anything else.

As I mentioned in my previous reply, you can add whatever gaps you want between tracks... 0 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second 17 frames... the choice is yours. Tons of CDs are burnt with no gaps between tracks so this is nothing new to me or ImgBurn.

Put one of these (working) discs in the drive, go into Read mode and copy + paste all of the disc info text from the box on the right please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.