Dual Layer Break Position Options

TomJosBri

When backing up my DVD's with ImgBurn (currently v2.5.7.0) with the default options, I notice a minute (mahy-noot) pause between layers. I've seen the two selectable options on the "Dual Layer Break Position" popup screen, that are not selected by default. I'm curious as to whether the "seamless" option shall negate this small visual hiccup?

After selecting "seamless" another popup screen says:

"You should only enable this option if you know for a fact that your player does not need the layer break cell to be marked as non-seamless.

Are you sure you want to enable it?"

In my players, an Oppo DV-980H, Datasheet, is has the following section:

Compatibility Features:

• PAL/NTSC disc and TV compatible with automatic or manual system conversion

• Dual-laser optical pickup head with excellent error correction

Enhanced dual-layer disc support with fast layer change

• Wide range universal power supply (~100V-240V, 50/60Hz AC)

Speciffically, I was wondering if anyone knew if the above line, that I've highlighted in red, indicated that, to which the ImgBurn software was referring. My problem is that of non standardization of nomenclature, which is quite common. I really can't afford any coasters because I can't buy DVD media with my food card. You'd think they'd hire an old veteran, but alas, it's been almost three years.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays!

"Peace on earth, goodwill to men"

Edited by TomJosBri

So am I to assume that no one knows if Enhanced dual-layer disc support with fast layer change equates to a player that doesn't need the layer break cell to be marked as non-seamless?

Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays!

"Peace on earth, goodwill to men"

Edited by TomJosBri

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.