Trouble with 50gb Verbatim Blu ray Discs

tchescat2000

Looking for some advice. I have a 50 spindle of VERBAT-IMd-000 and I'm using a Plextor PX-LB950SA 1.03 burner. I keep trying to burn to these discs, but after the burn and tray cycle, I receive "incompatible media". I don't receive this message before the burn. I also tried Nero, which was able to verify without a tray cycle, but once it's cycled, the disc no longer works.

Any ideas on what I can do? I seem to have no problem burning to the Verbatim 25gb discs I have. I hope I don't have to trash these brand new blank discs (they weren't cheap!)

Thank you!

Oh yes, I know you're going to ask me to post a log, which I will have to coaster another disc to get you. The log doesn't have any errors other than "incompatible media" on the verify. Any suggestions to try without a log for you to look at? I will then post the log (assuming your suggestions don't work).

You can access old logs via the 'Help' menu.

There may or may not be a 1.06 firmware update available for your drive. It may improve your drive's support for that MID.

I guess what you'd actually have to do is work out if the drive is at fault here or if the discs are - and you'd do that by trying them in another drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.