Problems creating Dual Layer iso from VIDEO_TS

FERGUS

I created an iso file from a video editing software. Video editing software showed 116mins was used & 5 mins were free. I first tried to write it to a DVD+R DL with ImgBurn, I first chose Calculate, & it gave me the first message I attached here. ImgBurn DL message 16color.bmp

So then I went back into my video editing software and created a VIDEO_TS folder. I then went to Build and Imgburn told me that it might not fit on the media selected, do u want to continue anyway? I chose OK. It then said the start crying message and gave the VTS_01, PGC 1, Cell 1, and gave 2170151 and 2086495, in that order.

Why would it give the 217... and THEN the 208.... Shouldnt the 208...come before the 217...? So anyway, I took that info and downloaded VOB Blanker and ran it. I followed the instructions that are given in the ImgBurn Forum about what to do when u get the End of the world/crying message. I created a break somewhere around 215.... chose PROCESS!!, it did its thing and completed with no message or errors.

I then opened ImgBurn and tried again the Build the dual layer iso image file by first clicking on Calculate, destination set to a hard drive that has 228GB free. Again it messaged me that the file may be too big to fit on the target media, do u want to continue anyway? I chose YES & then it gave me this message. ImgBurn DL message2 16color.bmp

More about "Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!" I just chose a layer break in Cell 1 Sector 2155118!! Was 215....an okay sector?

My frustrations continue. ANy help?

I realize now it is because I had some other files in the same folder that the VIDEO_TS was in. I now have that corrected and only the VIDEO_TS folder is in there. I ran Build in ImgBurn and Calculated. It again pops up with the crying message.

But now says: VTS_01, PGC 1, Cell 1, 1240038, 2086571. This is the important info from the message.

I went into VobBlanker and chose Cell 1, and it opened the Cell Preview/Cut Mode. I chose the sector 1560167 for the intial mark and the sector 1560382 for the end mark. I ok-ed that, clicked Apply, and chose PROCESS!! Here is a pic of the process/results. ImgBurn DL message3 16color.bmp

Anyway, I went back into ImgBurn, selected the proper folder, chose my output filename/location. And Calculated.

Operation successful. Image size ~2.4GB ImgBurn DL message4 16color.bmp

Now I am concerned b/c my original VIDEO_TS folder was ~6.5GB. So I will not create the DL iso now until I hear back from you on why it is now 2.4GB. Did i make a mistake in VobBlanker and cut out the first 60% of my original? If so, can i get it back or do I have to recreate the VIDEO_TS folder from my vid editing software?

Edited by FERGUS

Yes, i believe u r right. I notice that VobBlanker creates a VobBlanker backup folder and that its contents are the original 6.35GB that my original VIDEO_TS folder was. I can use that to start the process over again, right? Well, assuming I can, I did. And using it, renaming it to VIDEO_TS, I opened VobBlanker and chose the Split button, I chose sector 1560167 and PROCESS!!-ed it.

Here is screen capture. ImgBurn DL message5 16color.bmp

Everything went fine. I am now in ImgBurn and I chose Calculate and I am now at the Create Layer Break Position screen. There is 1 layer break to chose, it's average star, so I will and will continue.

I am continuing the process of entering labels, etc. I am now in the Advanced, Media tab.

Here is the screen capture. ImgBurn DL message6 16color.bmp

I am concerned that it show 0 in the Dual Layer min sector area. Is this a problem?

Edited by FERGUS

I notice that VobBlanker creates a VobBlanker backup folder and that its contents are the original 6.35GB that my original VIDEO_TS folder was. I can use that to start the process over again, right?

If it made a backup folder, I guess you could give it a try.

I am concerned that it show 0 in the Dual Layer min sector area. Is this a problem?

Don't be concerned, that's normal.

Ok, so even though it showed 0 in the L0 min sector under the Advanced, Media tabs, I continued the process of Building the iso & mds files.

Operation Successfully Completed! I OKed that and now I am in the Write mode. I chose the mds file b/c it should have the layer break info(I followed instructions from a Guide).

At this point I will wait until I hear back from you as I don't want to waster a DVD+R DL if I did something wrong. Here's the screen capture with the DVD+R DL inserted into the drive.

ImgBurn DL message7 16color.bmp

Let me know if it is okay to write/burn to the disc. THANKS

So I clicked on the Write button to write the mds file to the DVD+R DL disc. Took about 45 minutes, then the DVD drive opened up. Then it closed automatically and started to burn/write to the disc again.

ImgBurn DL message8 16color.bmp

Then this message popped up. So I clicked on Try Again. Then it popped up again with slightly different information. So i clicked Try Again. Now the message keeps coming up every 30 seconds or so.

What should I do?? Cancel, Try Again, or Continue

What's with all the Failed to read sectors...... lines in the status window?

The program burns, cycles the tray and then starts to verify the disc. It doesn't burn/write twice.

As for the errors, that could be due to a bad burn or they're bogus messages caused by bad controller drivers.

Right click the drive selection box and pick 'Family Tree'. Close the prompt and then copy + paste all of the lines from the log window.

LIGHTNING UK!

Posted Today, 03:14 AM

The program burns, cycles the tray and then starts to verify the disc. It doesn't burn/write twice.

As for the errors, that could be due to a bad burn or they're bogus messages caused by bad controller drivers.

But should I click Cancel, Try Again, or Continue?

Right click the drive selection box and pick 'Family Tree'. Close the prompt and then copy + paste all of the lines from the log window.

Where can I do this? I am still in the middle of the verify. Here's a screen shot.

ImgBurn DL message9 16color.bmp

ImgBurn.log Here is the log so far. What's my next step, is it clear that something is wrong and that the disc is completely unreadable?

Should I stop the verify process and put the DVD into a DVD player and see what happens?

My disc is Memorex and my drive is HP DVD Writer 1270r firmware KH24. I tried to update firmware, none is available. Should I buy those Verbatim 2.4x discs? What would be the model number of them? But before you point me in that $ direction, just be certain that it is the Memorex discs. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.