Failure to burn dual layer...

Cordanim

Hi all,

New to imgBurn and this forum - hoping someone can decipher what my problem this morning was while trying to backup one of my kids' DVD's...

I used RipIt4Me (along with DVD Decrypter and FixVTS and imgBurn) to make the .ISO file so that I could do a full 1:1 backup on my dual layer writer in my shiny new work notebook :)

Using imgBurn it started out fine - went through to 51% and then I got this:

W 11:38:07 Failed to Write Sectors 1964416 - 1964447 - Tracking Servo Failure

W 11:38:29 Retrying (36)...

W 11:38:29 Retry Failed - Invalid Address For Write

E 11:38:29 Failed to Write Sectors 1964416 - 1964447 - Tracking Servo Failure

I 11:38:29 Synchronising Cache...

I 11:38:30 Closing Track...

I 11:38:38 Finalising Disc...

The above lines are from the imgBurn log...

I'm curious if anyone knows if this is media-related, hardware-related, or maybe user error - did I not make my image correctly with RipIt4Me?

Should I be doing this another way? I don't believe DVDShrink will do a dual layer backup am I correct?

Hopefully someone can help...

Thanks,

Kevin

After reading around I thought this info may help too from my log...is this (yet another) media issue?

I 12:25:52 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N HQ04 (D:) (ATA)

I 12:25:52 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Thx.

sorry but ritek dual layer are not too good at all.

buy verbatim +R double layer discs and you should have no problems

you can see a scan here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1710

Thanks, I'll stop off at Future Shop after work and grab a few Verbatims to try. :)

Haha, yeah, I got my Ritek DL refunded and got the verbatim DL... still having problem... just posted a thread on this forum. Yeah, Futureshop will refund your "coaster" media!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.