Creating Bluray ISOs use to work but fails now

gene0915

Several months ago, over the course of a few days, I lused ImgBurn to create ISO images from the M2TS files recorded on my Panasonic HD video camera. The steps were I'd go into ImgBurn, select the option to create an image file, point it to the full directory structure of my camera, select a destination folder on my PC and click go.

Once done, I had a 16 gig ISO that my set top Blu-ray player and WDTV Live Streaming box (via network share) could see and everything worked perfectly. I could fast forward and when clicking 'Next Chapter' on the remote, both would skip to the next M2TS file inside the ISO. Life was good.

Then, something somewhere went to crap. Now when I carry out the EXACT SAME STEPS, neither my Blu-ray player nor WDTV Live Streaming box will advance chapters.  Fast forwarding through the ISO file works but the chapter advancing is gone. There has been absolutely no changes on my side. Panasonic Blu-ray player and WDTV are on the same firmware as before. The ONLY thing that changed was I let ImgBurn update when I wanted to create another Blu-ray ISO. I updated it and carried out the same steps as before. This time, the resulting ISO was not compatible with anything. The Blu-ray player and the WDTV box said it wasn't a valid image. I noticed that ImgBurn used a differnt Joliet/UDF settings vs. the other 30 some odd Blu-ray compatible ISO's I created months ago so I changed it to I think UDF 2.5 (at work now so I'm not 100% sure) and burned the ISO. This time, my Blu-ray player and WDTV box saw the image file and I could fast forward but chapter advancing is still busted. Then I thought, let me downgrade to the previous version of ImgBurn. I did that and still have the same, exact problem. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

If you have a Blu-ray type image you created from M2TS files/folders, can you hit the 'Next Chapter' button on your remote and have it skip to the next M2TS file in the ISO?

I'm stumped as to what could have changed and why something that was working perfectly fine has gone to crap.

Would appreciate any help.

BTW, I looked around at some ImgBurn guides and I'm creating the ISO files correctly to make them Blu-ray compatible but the 'Next Chapter' feature is busted no matter what. I double checked by loading some old Blu-ray ISO files I created with ImgBurn months ago and in those, I can successfully use the 'Next/Previous Chapter' buttons on my remote to skip around.

ImgBurn will not change or alter in any way your folder structure, nor it will convert to other format.

You need a proper set of files according to what you want to be that disc.

Anything that comes to be related to playability of the files is down to the program that generated the files. (Your camera settings maybe? Set chapter for every start of recording or whatever similar?)

Try import the files in multiAVCHD and do the adjustments you want than make the ISO

ImgBurn will not change or alter in any way your folder structure, nor it will convert to other format.

You need a proper set of files according to what you want to be that disc.

Anything that comes to be related to playability of the files is down to the program that generated the files. (Your camera settings maybe? Set chapter for every start of recording or whatever similar?)

Try import the files in multiAVCHD and do the adjustments you want than make the ISO

I totally understand what you're saying about how ImgBurn won't convert to other formats. I've dabbled in video editing/converting for probably 10-15 years. When I got my Panasonic HD camcorder a while back, it would store the recorded video as M2TS files in the \AVCHD\etc folder structure. Up until recently, I could load ImgBurn and point it to that source folder, it would throw all those files/folders into an ISO file that my Panasonic Blu-ray player and WDTV Live box could read without a single problem. Recently, something changed (no idea what) and now when I carry out those same steps, I can no longer advance chapters like I could before when watching the ISO I created with ImgBurn. What is very frustrating is the knowledge that I know I made no changes on my end. Appearently something DID change since the chapter stuff is busted but for the life of me I don't know what.

I understand that when authoring a DVD/Blu-ray movie from a NLE package (like Vegas Pro/DVD Architect), I can manually insert chapter marks. When I was successfully creating ISO's from my M2TS files with ImgBurn, when I would hit the 'Next/Previous Chapter' buttons on my remote, it would skip to the next M2TS file inside the ISO image. That functionality is now busted for some unknown reason.

Since ImgBurn don't change anything you need to look into camera settings as you say that the folder is good to go to the disc.

There must be a setting that insert a chapter marker for every scene, I think.

Do you remember what version was that you say worked before you updated ImgBurn?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.