On Previously Burned DVD/Optical Disk, How Do I Add More Folders Or Files

Jim JB

On an optical disk that has been previously burned with Folders and Files,  how do I burn additional folders or files to the optical disc without erasing the prior folders or files?  I am using a DVD -RW disk. 

I am using the optical disk to store backups of data and when I want to burn the next periods backup data, I want to add to the optical disk that already has the prior periods backup data without having re-burn all the original prior data so that the data on the optical disk remains a true backup.  It won't be a true backup if I have re-burn the data that is already on the optical disk if I have to go back to the data on the computer it originally came from because that data might have been altered after having burned the original backup.

So far the only method I can find that will probably work is to copy the data from the optical disk to the computer's hard drive, add the next period's data to the data copied onto the hard drive and then re-burn that data back to the optical dis with the next period's data now onto the optical disk.  I would like to avoid this type of procedure if there is a way to directly do it without having to insert these intermediate steps.

Thanks for anyone who may have the answer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.