Is it possible or waste of time? Bootable CD\USB to Bootable ISO image

Kristof

Hello All,

This is my first post and I would like to apologize for my English errors.

My main goal is to create memory stick with multibootable ISO images.

My problems began when I wanted to convert my CD’s or pendrive’s various application (which are generally bootable under dos or linux) into bootable ISO images. [bootable CD\USB -> Bootable ISO image]

I tried to use ImgBurn Bootable Disc feature but I am having problem with finding and adding the proper Boot Image.

I tried to add one by one all files from my USB stick  to find which is the appropriate boot image  but I was unable to load the program in QEMU emulator.

I also tried to use Extract Boot Image but unfortunately with no success.

I read that this is possible with operating systems like Windows Vista etc “Point the 'Boot Image' to the 'etfsboot.com' file within the 'boot' folder in your source folder" ,but in my case I could not find how to do this with other programs for example Paragon Drive Backup, Norton Ghost  or another bootable  tools.

I would be very grateful if someone have done something similar and would like to share it with the knowledge or direct to any helpful source.

Have a good day,

Kristof

Thanks for you reply,

At the moment multiboot usb is not an issue for me, my problem is to find a program (method) to make bootable ISO image from bootable USB or CD.

I am wonder if someone could briefly explain how to draw out boot files from bootable USB.

Thank you very much for your help.

These tutorials are awesome for windows OS and working with no problem.

I tried these methods to convert my files from Drive Backup from USB stick to bootable ISO image but with no luck and I think I give up though I wish to understand the whole process of loading the files from USB\CD to memory  and difference between loading different bootable programs under dos or linux  and bootable ISO.

Once again cheers for your interest and help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.