Is it possible to force ImgBurn to ignore a USB drive?

tooncestcat

I have a ClickFree USB 3.0 back up drive. ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 selects it as the output drive when I open the program and it will not let me change to either the BD or DVD drives. If I unplug the USB drive, then ImgBurn switches to the disc writers. Is there anyway to force ImgBurn to ignore the USB drive?

This is what the log looks like on start-up:

I 21:56:09 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 21:56:09 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 21:56:09 Total Physical Memory: 8,370,632 KiB  -  Available: 6,494,576 KiB
I 21:56:09 Initialising SPTI...
I 21:56:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 21:56:09 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH30N A201-A1 (F:) (ATAPI)
I 21:56:09 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216AB D300 (E:) (ATAPI)
I 21:56:09 -> Drive 3 - Info: DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1 (L:) (SCSI)
E 21:56:09 DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_USB_GET_NODE_CONNECTION_INFORMATION_EX) Failed!
E 21:56:09 Reason: The parameter is incorrect.

I 21:56:15 -> Drive 4 - Info: Clikfree Backup Drive 0.11 (G:) (USB)
I 21:56:15 Found 1 DVD-RW, 1 DVD±RW/RAM, 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM and 1 BD-RE!

The lines in red begin with a red X.

I did read the FAQ and tried the:

Problem:
You get an I/O Error saying 'The Parameter is incorrect'.

I set it to "Manual" and "32K" and nothing changed in the log file.

Finally, I just need to add that, other than the USB problem, everything functions perfectly in 2.5.8.0

(Edit - I forgot to mention that ImgBurn did not do this with v2.5.7.0)

Thanks!

-Toonces

Edited by tooncestcat

Is there anyway to force ImgBurn to ignore the USB drive?

No, sorry.

I can't see why that message coming up would stop the program from letting you select a different drive. If they're in the drop down box, you should be able to select them. Your selection will be remembered and restored the next time you start the program.

p.s. that FAQ entry doesn't apply here.

Thanks for the reply...It is very much appreciated!

Just a few more comments as I did find a good work-around and it may help others if they experience something akin to this issue. First, the burner drives did not appear in the drop down box. Only the USB HDD showed up. The selector arrow on the right of the box was there, but the other drives did not appear. I suppose they could be there and it is just a matter of the box being frozen. Pulling the USB connector made the other drives appear as choices in the drop down box. I apologize if I was less than clear about that in the earlier post.

I think that ImgBurn was not exiting properly after using it by pulling the USB connector to make the other drives available and, as a result, the program was not remembering the correct drive. My work-around was very simple. I disconnected the USB drive after a full shutdown and then restarted the machine without it attached. I then ran ImgBurn and the correct drive choices appeared in the box. I burned a disc and shut down ImgBurn and then the PC. After reconnecting the USB drive, I restarted the machine and brought up ImgBurn. The error still appears in the log, but the drop down box now remembers the burner drives and, other than the error message, all is good.

If anything else changes, or I manage to find something new related to this problem, I'll post it.

Thanks!

-Toonces

Is there anyway to force ImgBurn to ignore the USB drive?

No, sorry.

I can't see why that message coming up would stop the program from letting you select a different drive. If they're in the drop down box, you should be able to select them. Your selection will be remembered and restored the next time you start the program.

p.s. that FAQ entry doesn't apply here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.