imgburn will not work with windows 8

squelch

hi, just had a new laptop and installed imgburn onto it (running windows 8) and every time I go to burn an image it gets stuck on writing layer 0 on 0% because the writing speed goes up and then comes back down to 0 and just sits there. I've updated imgburn, done all updates on windows 8 and its definatly not my ihas drive as I tried burning an image on a friends windows 7 comp and it worked perfectly.

at a loose end now, any help at all would be much appreciated.

thanks

ye well what I did I bought new cables as the old ones were abit worn but didn't change anything :S

no don't think it has got an esata port, I will give it another go tonight when I get back from work and try re-installing everything again but its just weird how it worked with windows 7 but not my new laptop which is on windows 8 (which isn't as good as windows 7 imo)

It'll be a hardware issue or something with the drivers. Is it a special usb -> sata adapter you're using or just some generic thing?

I'm not a fan of Windows 8 either and will be sticking with Windows 7 for as long as possible (or until they bring out another 'desktop' OS with the start menu back in place properly).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.