Burning mp3

fakeblitz

Hello, i have made several attempts on making a cd for my car(honda civic 2002), firstly, i will tell the methods that i tried and worked:

ALL SONGS ARE mp3

- Burning as Cue(only 80minutes of music, which is ridiculous);

- Normal burning on windows media player, only 80 minutes aswell.

What i tried and failed:

- Burning as Data(iso9660+ Joliet mode1/2048).

What else should i do?

edit: my cds are philips cd-r 700mb 52xspeed

Edited by fakeblitz

Are you expecting your car CD player to play mp3 discs? Not all do... and especially not one that old.

Does it specifically state anywhere that it does?

Otherwise, you're stuck with the normal CD-DA format that's limited to the size of your discs (80 mins of audio in your case).

No, my car reads mp3 no problem at all even on a old scratched cd RW(rewritable) I can do that if i burn the cd in audio mode, but that limits 80 minutes

I saw this on this forum:

going advanced ->restiction and use 1988, not sure if its worth it, any feedback please?

Edited by fakeblitz

I think you must be confused... or I am.

If you burn an audio CD, you aren't burning mp3 files. They're converted to the proper (and only) format used on CDDA disc and you're either then limited to 74 mins or 80 mins on a disc. That's unless you buy the 'extended' discs that can sometimes give you up to 99 mins but not all drives will burn them and not all drives will read them.

If your player supports reading MP3 (data) discs then it'll probably have an mp3 logo on it somewhere. Only if it support mp3 data discs will you be able to fill a disc up with 700MB worth of mp3 files (each one taking up ~4MB or whatever).

But it's playing them because you're burning an Audio CD (they are no longer mp3s).

If you've got any real mp3 data discs that work ok (so you can still browse the mp3 files on them on your PC), by all means confirm that and we'll work out what format those discs are in so we can copy / emulate it.

I was always a bit of an Alpine 'fan-boy' back in the day. They were never a 'cheap' brand though.

Pop into a store that sells that kind of thing and ask their advice. You'll probably need some trim adapters too unless your current headunit is the exact same size as the one you end up buying. Lots of cars have weird shaped ones now and so fitting a generic headunit involves using some sort of adapter.

Well, alright, for now i will stick with a bunch of Cd's since my car has 6 CD changer anyways, thanks a lot for you time and knowledge

By the way, i am a fan of ac/dc, led zeppelin, jimmy hendrix etc, do you know good songs for driving :P?

EDIT: weird, after i burned with cd-text, the name of the files are still "track X"

Edited by fakeblitz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.