Session Fixation Error

dbminter

Never came across this error before:

I 12:12:48 Finalising Disc...
W 12:12:58 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (14%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:12:58 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:12:58 Retrying (1 of 3)...
W 12:13:08 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (10%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:13:08 Retry Failed - Reason: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:13:08 Retrying (2 of 3)...
W 12:13:11 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:13:11 Retry Failed - Reason: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:13:11 Retrying (3 of 3)...
W 12:13:19 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (7%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In
W 12:13:19 Retry Failed - Reason: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

Could it be something with the drive going bad?  It's been over a year now and my LiteOns lasted about a year.  :)  This is an LG, though, so, I don't know how long I'll get with one of these.

I'll try burning another DVD-9 and see if it's the drive, i.e. if I get this error again.  Could be the one disc in the stack, but, I'm still using the Verbatims that worked on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the drive does need to be replaced.  :angry:

Now, I'm getting the same error twice in a row on DVD+R DL's.  It writes 8x Verbatims at 8x for layer 0, then speeds down to 4x and stays there for layer 1.  Then, on Verify, it fails exactly at the layer transition.

E 19:38:13 Failed to Read Sector 2049106 - Reason: Timeout on Logical Unit

I'm making a 3rd write of this image to a 3rd Verbatim DVD+R DL from the same cake stack in my USB LiteOn.  I'll know for sure if it burns and verifies successfully on that.

Write's completes on the USB LiteOn.  It's an older drive and I never really used it for writing DVD+R DL's before for DVD Video.  At layer 1, it drops at one point from 8x to 6x then towards the end of the burn drops down to 4x.  I've seen it drop down to 4x on layer 1 towards the end of some burns of DVD+R DL before, so it's not unexpected.  Let's see how the verify goes.

Well, Verify passed the layer transition.  :D   And, the Verify completed.  So, I'm going to replace the drive.  :doh:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.