burned ifo files are corrupt

catch

Hello:

Imgburn version 2.5.8.0
Media: verbatim DL MKM 003

Write speed: 4x
Burning process: "Operation Successfully Completed", but I can't play the disc on any player
I've found the reason: all the ifo/bup files are corrupted ON THE DISC: the size value of both files (HDD / disc) are the

same, but if you open them with a hex editor, you see they are totally different (ifoedit can't open the ifo files from

the disc).
After the first wrong disc, I tried building a iso file. Before burn it, I extracted a ifo file from the image and it was

right. Then, I burn the image: "Operation Successfully Completed" again, but the same error with the ifo files.
Note:
The VIDEO files (vob files), are OK, I can play them individually (from the disc) with powerdvd on a pc
the wrong ifo/bup files on the disc are on the Layer 1. This means that VIDEO_TS.IFO/BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO are OK, but the

rest (VTS_01_0.BUP and the following VTS's ifos) are corrupt.
I burnt other discs before and after these 2 wrong discs with success, but there's no way to burn this one.
This disc is disc number 4 from a serie of 6, what I'm trying to tell is that the 6 discs have the very same structure, but

the error is only with disc 4 (by the way, if I play it from the HDD, there's no problem, as the ifo files are the right

ones)
Any help?

DISCVTS_03_0.IFO

ORIGINALVTS_03_0.IFO

post-39210-0-15707900-1393695165_thumb.jpg

Edited by catch

Oops, it seems there were something wrong on the layer break while burning: some sectors cannot be read and then, started the "miscompare" thing without end. 

It seems like the sectors are "out of its place".

Look the file "dibujo.jpg" attached, it's a vob (video) file, but it has the Ifo file's header inside!!!

What happened here?

post-39210-0-73756600-1393698780_thumb.jpg

ImgBurn.log

Burnt on the Pioneer and OK, so it was the samsung burner...but I still don't understand why I could burn more DL disc (with success) with the samsung after these faulty discs, it seems a random problem.

Thank you lightning UK for your help and time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.