Drive won't open...

BK_Malik

I was attempting to write a dvd and opened Imgburn with Convertxtodvd and iTunes already opened. The write failed (I didn't get the log unfortunately) and I had to kill Convertx and itunes to get them to close. I stopped Imgburn and got the following errors after I rebooted. 

The drive is now locked closed. Windows eject won't work and neither will Imgburn's.

post-53456-0-60720500-1395324526_thumb.jpg

post-53456-0-31692400-1395324527_thumb.jpg

Does the eject button on the drive itself still work?

If not, first, try to manually eject the disc that failed with the little hole in the drive and remove the disc.  Then, if you haven't tried it yet, try powering off your computer, leave it off for a minute, and restart it.

Does the eject button on the drive itself still work?

If not, first, try to manually eject the disc that failed with the little hole in the drive and remove the disc.  Then, if you haven't tried it yet, try powering off your computer, leave it off for a minute, and restart it.

The drive button doesn't work after restarting and waiting for Windows to load. I haven't tried ejecting before Windows loads yet though.

Yeah, the drive thinks it's busy doing (writing) something.

You'll have to power it off properly (and on again, obviously) to reset it and get your disc out.

You mean shut down the pc fully and then start right, not restart.

Yes, shut down Windows, power off the PC, wait a minute, then power the PC back on.  Try to eject the drive before Windows starts to see if it's not Windows still holding on to the drive even after Windows starts to see.

Yes, shut down Windows, power off the PC, wait a minute, then power the PC back on.  Try to eject the drive before Windows starts to see if it's not Windows still holding on to the drive even after Windows starts to see.

Ok, I'm not home right now but I'll try that as soon as I get there and report back. Thanks!

Hm, it's odd that you had to shutdown twice for it to release control of the drive.  If it didn't do it the first time, frankly, it shouldn't have done it the second!  :lol:  But, I say, when you deal with PC's/Windows, whatever works is good.  :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.