Burn Erros Recording DVD's Created with ConvertXtoDVD5

arkandor

Hello,
    I'm tottaly lost. I burned several DVD's Video encoded, using ConvertXToDvD5 (5.1.0.2). I used ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 to record and verify. The verify is ok. The problem is there are A LOT of quality erros when i check "DiscQuality" with NeroDiscSpeed11 or DVDInfoPro. I used a SonyOptiarc7280, Asus DRW-24F1ST (New) and a LG GH24NSB0 (New) to record. I verified using SonyOptiarc7260 with NeroDiscSpeed11. The media was Philips (id. CMC. MAG AM3). 
I tried to copy using K3b under Linux Mint and same errors...then it isnt Windows 7 or ImgBurn, ...i really dont know what to do...i am posting the images below:
(Sorry, my bad english) . Need help, please , I really don't know what to do !

With K3b under Linux Mint 14: (8X)
h0DBqhA.jpg

ImgBurn 8X, Windows 7 x64, October 2013
4uWRN47.jpg

May, Sony Optiarc 7280 8X, ImgBurn, CMC MAG. AM3
Yu72X5E.jpg

October 2013, ImgBurn, 8X
zA4hZLB.jpg

Your most likely answer is the Philips media.  It says it's CMC MAG.  CMC is the worst optical media manufacturer out there.  I had come across them over 10 years ago.  Half of the discs wouldn't complete a burn.  Half of those that did would fail to Verify.  Half of the remainder would not be recognized for playing on any of my DVD players.

Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

Your most likely answer is the Philips media.  It says it's CMC MAG.  CMC is the worst optical media manufacturer out there.  I had come across them over 10 years ago.  Half of the discs wouldn't complete a burn.  Half of those that did would fail to Verify.  Half of the remainder would not be recognized for playing on any of my DVD players.

Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

Thank you for answer...I did some new tests today...changed bios: Sata mode: from AHCI to IDE (Worst, i believe, but it is a test). Enable OPC on ImgBurn....Tried some burn with others DVD-R(W)....

Recorded on Asus, 4x, ID RITEKF1, OPC on

62ThoXc.jpg

Record on Optiarc 7280, 4x, DVD-RW, id INFOMEDIAA20

yeQhrSb.jpg

Record on Asus, 2x, DVD-RW, Sony (id RITEKW01)

kfUyUQR.jpg

In my Country, Brazil, it's impossible to find good DVD-R ...verbatim (impossible)....i have just these piece of s...... ! Im trying to do some miracle to have a good burn, but im trying....any advice ? change FW from my burners ? (Im using the original)

Thank you again for your time....

Edited by arkandor

Unfortunately, I don't have any other advice.  My expertise ends pretty much with throwing CMC on the :horse: pile.  :lol:

Changing the firmware probably wouldn't help, unless it's a firmware that is newer.  You should always update your firmware whenever newer versions are available.  A newer firmware might help.

Even in the USA where I'm from, most of what you'll find in stores is CMC shit.  Sony at least outsources to Ritek now.  Ritek isn't the best but it's not the worst.  I saw you used a Ritek above.  Unfortunately, I think in countries outside the US, Ritek media is not very good.  I don't have problems with Ritek; they make my 8x DVD+RW and my Memorex BD-RE's.  I have to mail order Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media from Amazon.com.

Edited by dbminter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.