Problem with choosing boot image for bootable windows 7 dvd burn

scottsphoto2

Hi to all,

First, I am a rookie to all of this!

I have replaced my HPE-400f, mobo and cpu, and now it will not load windows, so I down loaded windows 7 on to another pc, now I need to burn it to a dvd.

I have downloaded windows 7, and installed ImgBurn,

Now following the instructed steps, click on WRITE/FILES/FOLDERS TO DISC.

I then click on ADVANCED tab, then BOOTABLE DISC tab, then I checked the "MAKE IMAGE BOOTABLE" box.

Point the 'Boot Image' to the 'etfsboot.com' file within the 'boot' folder in your source folder.

This is where my problem is!>>>>>>>> My windows 7 download does not open like a folder? 

So i cannot choose the "BOOT IMAGE?"

MY QUESTION IS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did i do something wrong when downloading windows 7?

Why is it not in somekind of a folder or something?

This is what my down load looks like>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>I 10:28:29 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

Could I simply use the, "BURN USING ImgBurn" option, and burn it straight to the disc?

(I am guessing that it would not be "BOOTABLE" IF i DONE THAT?)

If not, then what do I do from here?

Any & all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

HERE IS A COPY OF MY "IMGBURN LOG"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 11:08:28 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!

I 11:08:28 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:08:28 Total Physical Memory: 3,848,292 KiB  -  Available: 894,840 KiB

I 11:08:28 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:08:28 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:08:29 -> Drive 1 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H 1.V0 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 11:08:29 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

Edited by scottsphoto2

Ok so what do you actually have? If it's not a folder, it must be a file... right?

So what's the full name (name + file extension) of this file?

If it's a compressed file (zip, rar, 7z etc. - or even exe in the case of a self extracting compressed file) then you need to extract it somewhere.

If it's a disc image (img, iso, bin etc.) then you can burn it straight to disc using 'Write' mode ('Write image file to disc').

If the disc image is bootable, it'll say 'Bootable' next to the 'File System' label once you've loaded it in Write mode.

Ok so what do you actually have? If it's not a folder, it must be a file... right?

So what's the full name (name + file extension) of this file?

If it's a compressed file (zip, rar, 7z etc. - or even exe in the case of a self extracting compressed file) then you need to extract it somewhere.

If it's a disc image (img, iso, bin etc.) then you can burn it straight to disc using 'Write' mode ('Write image file to disc').

If the disc image is bootable, it'll say 'Bootable' next to the 'File System' label once you've loaded it in Write mode.

Ok,thanks!

After reading your reply,  I just went ahead and chose ('Write image file to disc').

Now i see in the log, that it is bootable.

(I was looking for that before i tried it, but didn't see it then, but like you said,  it's there now.)

So when I get a chance I will try it, and let you know if it worked?

Thanks again for your help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.