Seeking tutorial for burning CDs from FLAC files

g725s

I would like to burn CDs from my FLAC files.  Does ImgBurn install with all the proper elements to burn CDs from FLAC files right after install?  Or do I need to install anything additional to get ImgBurn to work with FLAC?

I also have CUE sheets from using EAC.  Can I use these or do I need to create new using ImgBurn?

In the past I've used Burrrn to make CDs from my FLAC files.  But now that I have a Windows 8.1 OS I cannot get Burrrn to work correctly for some reason. So I posted over at another forum and was suggested to try ImgBurn.  But I cannot get it to work out of the box either.  I'm assuming I need additional FLAC elements to get it to work?

I did find a post here and tried installing MadFLAC but without success.  I am unable to register it for some reason.

Edited by g725s

The thread you linked to pretty much covers it, as does the audio cd guide in the guides section of the forum.

You should be able to burn your EAC cue files.

But I am not able to.  I also tried to register the MadFLAC like you posted in that other thread and it come back as :

Registering the DirectShow Filter "madFlac.ax" failed

Is this a Windows 8 issue?  Or is there a newer version of the DirectShow Filter for 64 bit Windows 8?

Edit: I got madFlac.ax to register by being in the Admin account.  It would not register in just a user account.

But it still does not work :(

Edited by g725s

I guess I'll pass on ImgBurn at this point for making audio CDs from my FLAC files.  It just won't work.

So I went to Fry's Electronics store and they had a deal on Nero 2015 w/ Burning ROM and it seems to work right out of the box  :biggrindance:

Funny that even Burrrn did not work with my new Windows 8 OS.  Hope I don't have problems with EAC  :pray:

Is it something with Windows 8?

Edited by g725s

I haven't tried madFlac and windows 8. If the more automated way of registering the filter didn't work, I guess I'd try running regsvr32 on it directly from an elevated command prompt and see what happens. Failing that, I'd Google it.

ImgBurn uses DirectShow for decoding audio files, so it's your system as a whole that needs to configured for it rather than ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.