New Burns Are Not Recognizable

Birddog

Let me start by giving some details to avoid the common rude comments I see quite often in these forums (not particularly imgburn forums, but similar forums for similar issues). I've searched on here and other forums, yet can't find a solution. I have a LiteOn iHAS124-04 B drive. I've burned about 30 backups over the last 2 years. Until today, I hadn't burned a backup in about 2 months. I have the orignal CoD: Black Ops III disc (if proof is needed in this forum, I will email a photo of myself holding it...and my brother's original).  I have two originals here because I thought that maybe there was a little something wrong with mine, so I went to my brother's place and got his. So I've done nothing different than I ever have before. My settings are correct, and the verify is good. My console will read all my previous backups and all my originals (I say all, but I tested about 5 or 6 of each with no read errors). I'm using Verbatim discs (Singapore), and I'm burning at 2.4x. I've already "re-flashed" the drive with the latest ixtreme firmware. I figured there was a problem with the laser, but decided to burn a backup of my photos and other documents to a DVD of the same spindle. I then closed the tray...and the disc opens fine with all files able to be read.

This leaves me with the assumption that it must be something with my console (an update or something that might have caused this), but again, it still plays my previous backups. This leads me to assume I'm ignorant to this entire process, and makes me want to throw the drive and console against the big oak tree in my back yard.

Can anyone suggest something I can try....other than saying buy a new drive. This drive reads and writes...but my Xbox 360 backups are not recognized. Also, I ripped and burned The Amazing Spider-man to see if it would be recognized. It wasn't...yet I have a backup from about a year ago that still works fine.

Please help....I don't believe I need to post a log file, because I know everything in it looks fine...I've gone through it multiple times.

Thank you all!!!

Edited by Birddog

You always need to post a log file.

Please include one showing the burn and verify stages.

I assume you've checked your image is OK using the appropriate tool?

Please also post a kprobe scan (@ 4x) of the disc. I'd like to see the actual graph rather than the text output showing the results, so have it save a screenshot please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.